It is our policy to ensure safe visitation to our residents consistent with the resident “Bill of Rights” F.S. 429.28. In addition to educating employees and visitors of residents on procedures related to infection control.
- We will ensure that in person visitation will be allowed in all the following circumstances unless the resident objects:
- End-of-life situations.
- A resident who was living with family before being admitted to the Facility is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- The resident is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A resident is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
- A resident needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or a caregiver.
- A resident who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
- The administrator or designee is designated as the person responsible for ensuring that employees adhere to the visitation policies and procedures.
- Residents may also designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver. The essential caregiver is allowed to have in-person visitation for at least 2 hours daily in addition to any other visitation authorized by the Facility but does not have to provide necessary care.
- The Facility will respect the right of the resident to determine the number of visitors he/she would like to have at any given time during the 9am-9pm visiting hours.
- A staff member is designated to support infection control and prevention by providing information on the visitation policy to the visitors.
- Visitations are from 9am-9pm, at a minimum. Visitors requesting to come any other time need to make arrangements with the administrator or designee in advance.
- The Facility will not require visitors to provide proof of vaccination.
- All visitors have to sign in/out.
- Consensual physical contact between patients and their loved ones will not be restricted.
- Visits are done throughout the building.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- All visitors will be asked to agree in writing to follow this policy.
- The administrator or designee may suspend in-person visitation of a specific visitor in case of violation of the provider’s policy and procedures on visitation.